Thursday, June 27, 2013

THROWBACK THURSDAY: Oblivion









Photos 1 and 4 are of an outfit I wore a while back, when I still had pink hair. I am wearing a vintage lace dress that I got from Beyond Retro when I was in London last summer. The vest is actually a winnie the pooh vest that I got from the thrift store. There is a picture of winnie the pooh embroidered on the back of the vest. I am also wearing my Jeffrey Campbell HOMG Skeleton High tops that I ordered online from Urban Outfitters. I posted a photo of this outfit on my instagram @calurvillade


Photos 3, 6 and 8 are screenshots of my tumblr. I havn't been on my tumblr for so long, but I finally started up again when I posted my last outfit post last week. I treat my tumblr like a moodboard. I like to coordinate colours, or themes and vibes. It's a great way for my to collectively organize the imagery in my head. You can check out my tumblr: calurvillade.tumblr.com

Photos 2, 5, 7 and 9 are photos of a painting I did at the beginning of the school year. It is watercolour and pen on paper. I entitled it Oblivion, and it is the first in a series of three paintings I did that semester. The premise of the work focus' on coming into an awareness of one's self, and the doubt and confusion that follows in that journey. The process of finding oneself, and understanding ones purpose is one of the most difficult things anyone can do, and it is not something someone else can tell you. It is something a person has to figure out for themselves. The hands in the painting represent the outside forces like societal values and that influence us and prevent us from knowing the full idea of ourselves. 

I just wanted to do a quick post today about some of the stuff I like. Hope you are all having a great week! :)

Paolina Alexandra Russo

10 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic painting! i love it! and ur outfit is cute :) i like the colors! It was nice seeing u on tumblr recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit and tone of this post is totally perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog- we really enjoy it!

    Check out our blog if you like to:

    http://lasagnolove.blogspot.de/

    Best,
    Birdy and Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your outfit is so gorgeous, i am way obsessed with your lace dress! Second, your watercolor painting, holy shit paolina you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god. i follow many blogs but your style...it's a BOMB. love it. totally love it.
    you're really an inspiration~

    [pink hair and overalls in my weirdoland - www.pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete